Sunday, November 22, 2009

Journal 4-ski swap

        This past Saturday morning the ski team held the ski swap and the Kiwanis pancake breakfast, as a fundraiser, so I started out my day by going to the school to wax some skis, buy some ski gear, and eat some pancakes!!!! The ski swap is an annual event in Lander where community members can sell, trade and buy skis, and other winter out door gear. Then, 30 percent of all the sales go to the Lander ski team. Also, the Kiwanis club serves a pancake breakfast, where the proceeds go to the ski team too. During the swap, which lasts from about 7:30 to 11:00, the ski team waxes skis for people at a price of ten dollars a pair. This is a great fundraiser for both the school, and the high plains team, but it is also a lot of fun. This year I spent most of my time waxing skies for other people. It is not the most exciting of jobs, but when you’re with your friends, and have a little music playing it can actually be pretty fun. When I was not waxing skis, I was either eating pancakes (yummy) or looking around the ski swap for gear. I managed to find a good pair of classic boots for only $40; which was perfect because I needed a new pair of classic boots. Finally, after a great day of waxing skies, eating pancakes, and the selling and buying of skies, the ski swap started wrapping up, and I headed home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment