Tuesday, November 3, 2009

state swimming-journal one

    This weekend was our state swim meet in Gillette. Obviously while we were there I swam a lot, but besides the actual meet I did a lot of fun thinks too. The adventure started when we showed up at practice on Tuesday. Our coaches said that due to a snow storm we might have to leave that night, though we weren't scheduled to depart till the next day. So, after a short practice we rushed home to pack up, and get ready for the meet. Soon we were on the road and headed for Gillette. After a five hour bus ride we showed up in Gillette and settled into our hotel. I shared a room with Ruthie, Gwynnedd, and Sammy.

    The next day we pretty much chilled around all day. We decorated posters, did yoga in the hallway, created a whirlpool in the hotel pool, and watched the hangover. That evening, after a delicious and filling dinner at Pizza Hut, we went and warmed up in the Gillette pool, and people started to get more serious.

    Thursday morning we woke up and got ready to go swim. After an epic shaving party, I was informed that I would be swimming the backstroke in the medley relay. Whoh!! I hadn't swam that all year, but with some helpful visualization and teeth brushing with my team I was ready to go.

    We headed over to the pool, and after an epic 15 minuets of struggling to put my suit on I started warming up. Then things started getting serious. We finished up the weekend with an awesome swim meet and took 2nd place over all. Finlay, we got on the bus and headed back home.

1 comment: